Year after year, at Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos, we strive to continue adding and contributing achievements in order to comply with our mission. Thanks to the tireless work of all the people, companies and organizations that join us in our task, we make it possible for thousands of Argentines to have a plate of food on their table.
- Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos is the founding member of the Argentine Food Bank Network and of The Global FoodBanking Network that joins together all the food banks in the world.
- For 9 years we have been working as a bridge organization reaching out to people who are afflicted by hunger, and we are committed to the goal of providing education as to the problem of hunger and malnutrition.
- We are currently providing aid to 480 social organizations in the Federal Capital and 24 districts in Suburban Buenos Aires that contribute towards feeding over 78,000 people.
- 80% of the people who benefit from the food we provide are children under the age of 13 years (62%) and adolescents (18%).
- On average, we cover 25% of the food needs of the organizations we assist. .
- We rely on the donations made by over 90 companies that produce foodstuffs, and 25 service companies.
- During the 2008/2009 period, the total market value of the Kilos received reached $46,611,568.
- 255 tons of food are distributed monthly and in the last year 2,952 tons of food were distributed.
- We have certified the ISO 9001:2000 Standard that endorses the fact that all the work we do meets certain previously stipulated quality standards.
- We have 400 active volunteers and over 1,200 registered volunteers.
- Annually our volunteers donate approximately 15,000 hours of talent and work.
And there is more to come!
We have at present 300 organizations and feeding centres on a waiting list, which meet all the conditions required to be able to receive food, but which cannot be incorporated due to lack of food and resources. Today, more than ever, we need you.
- If you want to work with us on this project help us to continue growing, click here and discover ways in which you may become a part of our chain.
- To learn more about our work, click here.