We aim to聽manage聽transparently and efficiently the聽food donations聽from companies, agricultural producers, supermarkets, distributors and wholesalers,聽which we receive聽at聽our聽warehouse and categorise and prepare for delivery to the tables of thousands of Argenineans.
With such a simple process,聽we supply dozens of organisations and soup kitchens, which feed thousands of people in the Federal Capital and Greater Buenos Aires. But we need to do more....
Everyone can help
Now more than ever we need the help of the entire corporate sector. The demand from organisations has increased exponentially and the help we currently receive from companies is not sufficient. We need more donations from:聽
- Food companies, producers and marketers;
- Companies and associations that are not part of the food industry;
- Companies and associations that can provide goods and services.
To find out which companies currently support us, click here.
There are specific activities that each company can do to help us generate resources, and together we can make聽an important聽investment in our country.
How can you help?
- By donating a percentage of the company's聽total production to the Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos. This helps us to plan the聽delivery of food聽to our warehouse and enables us to guarantee a permanent, year round supply of food to the organisations and soup kitchens.聽
- Donating products that haven't been聽released聽into the market聽but are still聽fit for consumption. These products might have been donated because of: changes聽or damages to聽packaging, surpluses, lack of commercial success,聽because they are close to their expiry dates; all of which聽mean that聽the product can no longer聽be released into the market in the usual way.聽
At the Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos we think that developing聽partnerships and agreements with large, medium-sized and small companies is an essential step towards achieving our mission.
- Making a contribution towards a specific programme or project of the Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos.
- Donating a percentage of the company's sales of a product or service.
- Through聽an agreement between the company and the Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos聽in which we receive a contribution,聽and in聽return聽the company聽can use our logo and image in their communications with customers and the general public.聽
- By sponsoring the events that the Foundation organises throughout the year.
- Whereby聽the company acts as a chanel through which its聽customers can help the Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos directly.聽The company doesn't make a direct financial contribution, but it adapts its聽procedures so that its customers聽are given聽the opportunity to contribute.
Through our聽corporate volunteer programme, companies can actively participate, with their employees carrying out volunteer work at the Foundation, principally in categorising foods.
The聽Fundaci贸n Banco de Alimentos runs various volunteer programmes, which are open to everyone living in the Federal Capital and Greater Buenos Aires. The objective of these programmes is to help with our mission to help those that suffer from hunger, requesting, storing and distributing food fit for consumption and educating about hunger and malnutrition.聽